No, we do not charge any extra fees or fuel surcharges. The listed price is the price you pay. Including tax.
We understand that you may not have a printer handy when you’re traveling, so it is not necessary to have a printed copy. We require that you show ID matching your reservation and the order number that is immediately emailed to you after making your reservation.
After a confirmed booking, we will print your sir’s name on our signboard for our tour guide to display at the airport during your arrival.
The cost of a private tour to Tanzania, like any other tourist destination in the world, depends on various factors; It is a perception by many travelers that private safaris are too expensive to make, but we can correct that.
- Type of accommodation
Room type: Single, double, triple, family
Standard: 1-5 Stars hotel, tented camps, camping
- Number of days to stay
This is self-explanatory. The more the number of days spent, the more money will be needed to cater for the services. A 5 days safaris will be cheaper than a 7 days safari.
- Number of people
We provide prices per person sharing. This means that the more people traveling together, the less price they will pay per person.
- Activities to be done
There are several tourist activities such as
African wildlife safari
Canoeing Each of these activities has its own costs. We recommend trying at least 2 activities
Please contact us to get the latest information on your desired trip.
WHAT TO WEAR ON YOUR TANZANIA SAFARI
When planning what to wear on Tanzania safari it is advisable to consider as much as possible wearing light colors, though white is not encouraged and more especially during the dry months because it can be quite dusty, and so they will get dirty easily. Wear whatever is comfortable. It is recommended to have a sturdy pair of broken-in trail shoes, boots, or sneakers. It is preferable to dress in layers and wear clothing that will wick away perspiration and keep you dry and comfortable
HERE ARE THE TOP THINGS TO BRING WITH YOU ON A SAFARI
- Plane tickets
- Travel Insurance Policy & Emergency Contact Numbers
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (if applicable)
- Safari itinerary
- U.S. dollars in large and small denominations ($20, $50 & $100 bills should be issued after 2005)
- Credit cards and ATM bank cards
- Sunscreen and lip balm
- Small flashlight or headlamp
- Insect/Mosquito repellent
- Eye drops and extra contact lenses or spare glasses (if applicable)
- Anti-bacterial hand sanitizer
- Tissue paper and small travel towel (washrooms in Tanzania often don’t have toilet paper or paper towels)
- Camera, extra memory cards, batteries, and charger, if applicable
- UK plug adapter and transformer/voltage converter, if applicable
- Ziplock bags for toiletries, camera equipment, snacks, etc.
- Personal toiletries
- Small first aid medical kit including Tylenol or ibuprofen, antimalarial pills, cold and allergy medicine, itch medication, band-aids, stomach ache remedy, antibiotic cream, diarrhea medicine, prescription antibiotic for travelers diarrhea (Ciprofloxacin), and any prescription medications.
RECOMMENDED SAFARI CLOTHING TO BRING
- T-shirts and tank tops
- Long-sleeved shirts (for protection from sunburns)
- Light long pants or convertible long-short pants
- Warm fleece pullover or jacket
- One swimsuit
- Cotton socks and underwear
- One pair of comfortable walking shoes
- One pair of sandals or flip-flops
- Wide-brimmed hat
- Bandana (for dust)
- Heavy sweater, gloves, and toque if traveling in the cold season
CLOTHING FOR ZANZIBAR
Please dress modestly when sightseeing in Stone Town or visiting anywhere outside the beach resorts in Zanzibar. Women should not wear sleeveless or revealing tops and short skirts or thigh-high shorts (Capri trousers or at least knee-length shorts are fine). Men should wear shirts, pants or knee-length shorts.
Not much, remember our trips are all-inclusive. We do suggest you bring appropriate clothing to fit the season and a day pack to carry extra snacks and water. The luggage you can bring on safari vehicles or smaller planes is limited, and a lot of lodges and camps offer laundry services, so there is no need to bring different clothes for each day of your trip.
Planning a family-friendly Tanzanian safari took a long time for our family. We really wanted to make sure everything was perfect and went smoothly. The planning stage took a little over a year. But nothing could prepare me for the organization it required when it came to packing!
- Long-sleeved shirts and trousers: temperatures can drop at night, and it keeps mosquitoes away and protects you from the sun.
- Rain jacket
- Fleece jacket/ warm sweater
- Hat: to protect your face from the sun
- Nice outfit: for dinners or when you spend time in a city
- Sarong: very useful for women to wrap around if they need to go to the washroom in the bush or after a swim.
- Day pack: a small one that you can take with you on daily tips the best thing is to wear layers of light breathable clothes. Mornings and evenings can be quite cool in Tanzania while during the day it can become pretty hot. Choose neutral colors to keep the bugs away and don’t scare off the wildlife.
- A pair of sneakers or trail runners: hiking shoes are only necessary if you are going to climb a mountain, otherwise, choose lighter shoes.
- Flip-flops or sandals: comfortable when you relax at your accommodation, go swimming or take a shower.
- Pack the usual things like soap, toothpaste, shampoo, and conditioner, etc.
- After-sun lotion
- Bug spray/ insect repellent with DEET
- Lip balm with SFP
- Wet wipes: if you have to go to the washroom or clean anything during your safari.
- Antidiarrheal medications
- Anti-malaria medications
- Hand sanitizer
- Painkillers like aspirin
- Nose spray
- Eye-drops: it can be very dusty on the African plains
- Plasters and anti-bacterial medicines
- Charger or/and batteries
- Extra memory card
- Phone: a lot of accommodations offer free Wi-Fi
- Universal plug converters
Note. Pack valuable electronics in a waterproof bag to protect it against dust and rain.
- Passport: valid a minimum of 6 months prior to entry.
- Yellow fever health card: they can ask for it upon arrival at the airport.
- Visa: you can buy it upon arrival at the airport in Tanzania for USD 50.
- Credit card
- Cash dollars: note that in Tanzania only US bills newer than 2006 are accepted.
Cancellation policy and refund depend on the booked activities
You must call 72 hours ahead of your scheduled tour for a full refund. Within 72 hours you will assess a $35 termination fee. There are no refunds for cancellations within 24 hours of your tour, or if you decide not to show up.
1. For Hotel wildlife safaris:
We book on behalf of clients and we (Tour operator) are required to pay the full amount of the booking is made within 45 days before arrival at the hotel. If not within 45 days, we are required to pay at least 50% of any room reserved.
- The Hotel cancellation fees:
Any room cancellation within
45 days attract a 25% cancellation fee
30 days attract a 50% cancellation fee
15 days attract a 75% cancellation fee
Less than 15 days or no show attract a 0% refund
Accommodation is almost 55% of all tour costs.
- Our Cancellation policy on a hotel wildlife safari
We reserve our safari vehicle 15 days prior to your arrival at no cost. Park fees and government taxes are paid 3 days before your arrival. Generally, Hotel Safari cancellation fees depend on days left on Hotel cancellation fees and bank charges.
2. Camping wildlife Safaris:
For camping safari, safari cancellation can be done in 10days with 15% cancellation fees from the total safari cost. 30days prior to camping safari doesn’t attract any charges.
3. Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru climb
Cancellation on the Tanzania mountain trek can be canceled at any time. 10days before arrival attract 15% cancellation fees of all total trekking costs.
4. Cultural tours and other activities
Cancellation of cultural tours, bike tours, walking safari, canoeing coffee tours, and town tours does not attract any cancellation fees if the booking is canceled for more than 10 days. Less than that, 5% cancellation fees of total activities cost will be charged.
On the above cancellation policies, you can simply do to calculate on your own, what is to be refunded.
We guarantee less than 30 days money refund of any due amount.
Please note that no partial refunds will be given for unused meals, hotel rooms, airport transfers, Kiwoito Africa Safaris reserves the right to increase the tour price in the event of cost increases due to changes in Local airfare, currency fluctuations, park fee increases, taxes, etc. Tanzania Adventure Travel reserves the right to alter the tour without notice.
Yes. Reservations are required for guaranteed spots on all tours. Reservations help us determine the number of guides we need to ensure that our groups remain manageable and enjoyable, and they allow us to notify you of changes to the tour due to weather or anything that could disturb the tours.
Some activities like gorilla tracking and chimpanzee trekking are done in Tropical rainforests where it can rain anytime. Some of these activities can be done in the rain and any other weather conditions that nature decides to throw at us. After all, we’re going on adventures! You are advised to carry with you a rain gear
We do hike in the rain, snow, wind, and any other weather conditions that nature decides to throw at us. After all, we’re going on adventures! If the weather is unsafe for any reason, the trip will be changed or postponed. You will be notified the week of your trip if there are changes due to the weather.